Thursday, April 22, 2010

To The Pain: Day 2

Well, that went pretty well. Most of the day yesterday I did not have pain in my hands and feet. That is something for me. I haven't been without pain for about 4 or 5 months. It felt great in fact. I walked without a limp and had my normal stride back.

The biggest difference I noticed was that I was able to, for the first time in a month, bend my backwards past 0°. It feels so good to ba able to use that finger after having it out of commission for so long. I had almost come to the conclusion that I would not have the full use of that finger for the rest of my life. I pictured Addison sitting on my lap examining my hands. Then gazing up at me and saying, "Granddad, why's your finger so crooked?"

Yesterday, I moved faster than I have in a while and thought it was near normal speed. Although I must admit that sitting in one position for any length of time is still not a good idea for me anyway. I was glad I could move.

So, as the day progressed, I felt better and better. The better I felt physically, the better I felt in every other way. By the time late afternoon rolled around, I felt GREAT! It was wonderful and I thought when I got home I might go for a walk and Oh, the dogs are there to greet me and aren't they nice dogs and look at the pretty flowers nad gee, I' should make about 10 phone calls, that won't take but about 30 seconds and ....

If I remember the list from yesterday, one of the side effects was euphoria. Yup, definitely euphoria. Yeah, I think I got that one, alright. Around 11:30 last night was when I started to wind down. I may have seen a butterfly net in O's hand at one point earlier in the evening, I'm not quite sure; It's all kind of a blur.

Me likey prednisone.

No comments:

Post a Comment